I didn't realize it had been so long since I had posted anything until a friend commented about me writing again. In real life, I'm pretty quiet (although among friends I am more likely to share my opinions about a variety of things) while online (where we all seem to be a lot more courageous) I have no problem writing about what I like and what chaps my ass. So the reason for the long delay in posting was...life. With a VERY active 3 1/2 year old boy, it's hard to get an hour or more to myself to write about all the things I think about! I admit, when the holidays come around, it is VERY difficult to focus on politics and current events because it's always been a happy time for me and let's face it. The disaster that is the current administration and all the unspeakable things he is doing to our country, our military, our economy, our allies...it ain't happy. Not that I completely put it aside or don't think about it but it gets overwhelming. Where the hell do I start with all of that??? Once I got going, I might go for days. (do y'all really want that....you do have lives!)
Maybe I should just go with a couple of things at a time. First off, I hope those of you who have been following my blog haven't given up on me completely! And if you remembered the post from last Christmas about sending cards to your local veterans home or hospital, I hope you did that this year. One reason I had zero time to write over the holidays was because I decided to send Christmas cards to the veterans home again AND Holiday Mail for Heroes. Two hundred personally signed Christmas cards later, I felt happy and like there's no way I'd ever forget my name. :) Worth every minute, every stamp, every dime. THEY are worth it!
Second, the stories I have been keeping up with most are about Benghazi, NSA spying and the utterly shameful cuts to our veterans benefits. P.S. if you think that last one hasn't happened, I'd like to share just a small example. I work for a dental practice. I verify dental insurance. (by the way, the first two days of the New Year back at work have been a JOY with that, let me tell you...kiss my ass, Obama.) As I live in a city with a fairly large military/retired military population, we see a lot of retired military patients who have Delta Dental insurance. The first year I started working there, the maximum dental benefits available for retired military was $1200 per year, $50 deductible. It increased to $1500 a couple of years later, same deductible. As of January 1st this year, it DECREASED to $1300 with a $40 deductible. You probably think this is small potatoes compared to the cuts in medical and other benefits and it is...but it's just one cut in the "death by a thousand cuts." When does it stop?
My ominous prediction is that if our elected officials and the public don't make a stand, it WON'T stop...Zero doesn't give a SHIT about the military and I don't care what anyone says, you'll never convince me otherwise. His actions speak VOLUMES. At what point are people going to realize he is destroying our military from the inside out? If you're an enemy trying to take down a formidable force, you attack morale. Get someone down and then kick them repeatedly. If you're the commander in chief, you're in a perfect position to do this-you can eliminate the ones most likely to stand against you by putting them in places where they can't do much good...places they may not come back from alive.(SEALs anyone?) You work to get rid of the generals & admirals who know what a piece of shit you are and won't put up with your crap. (see Gen. Ham, Benghazi.) You make sure they're vilified in the media. ("veteran shoots someone," "he suffered from PTSD," "he just snapped," "multiple deployments made him snap.") Veterans, they are gunning for YOU because YOU defend the CONSTITUTION first! You are the ones who, if you honor your oath of allegiance, would defend the Constitution and therein the American people from ALL enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC. Make no mistake. We know who the enemy is. The problem is we've never encountered this before in our nation. Oh, some have been questionable or stupid. (Clinton, Carter). But this one has studied the mistakes they made and improved upon his game. I'm no conspiracy theorist by any stretch, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Step back and look at the big picture without the rose-colored glasses on. We all want America to be strong, to be the America we grew up in. But someone else does not. And he's ahead in the game right now. It's the beginning of the 4th quarter and the clock is ticking. He's got the ball-we need to get the momentum back and lay an ass-whooping on their team.
See what happens when I get riled up, I go into football analogies and now I want to hit somebody. :) Well, this cute little boy wants to play trains so I'm going to have to wrap it up for now. I will try to do better about posting more frequently. Maybe that'd help with the level of frustration I feel at all that is currently going on in the country. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and that we all work together to make this a great 2014!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment