Saturday, March 9, 2013
Actions > Words
I've always been a proponent of the view that if you want something bad enough, you'll find a way to get it. Talk is cheap. Or as Yoda would say, "Do or do not. There is no 'try.'" In life, you're not guaranteed tomorrow. You're not even guaranteed the next five minutes. While I agree there are some priorities in life, I don't have time for insincerity, apathy and indecisiveness. When I set my sights on something, it is my goal. My mission. If I decide I want it bad enough, I will FIND a way to make it happen.I am able to keep priorities straight and still get what I want. I have a difficult time believing in the sincerity of people who tell me how much they want something and then get lazy. That leads me to believe either they didn't want it to happen or they couldn't make up their minds whether they wanted it badly enough to make it happen. I respect someone MUCH MORE who says, "This is what I want. It might be difficult but I am going to prove that I want it and will work to make it happen." Words are great-but actions to back them up are imperative if one wants to be known as decisive and sincere.
*This is true for work, relationships and just about any other situation where you're trying to reach a goal.
**And yes, I quoted Yoda. It's a good quote.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment