Monday, November 5, 2012

The Turning Point

The time to decide is upon us. Do we fight for what's left of our beloved republic or do we become a footnote in the annals of world history? In the past centuries, so many democracies, republics and empires have spectacularly risen and then fell. It's been said that it is only a matter of time before the "grand experiment" that is America will go the way of Greece, Rome, the British empire and so many others. I, for one, will not let it go down without a fight. My inspiration, my reason for going on even when things have looked very bad for our country, is my son. Though America is less free today than it was even only 40 years ago, it is still MY America, still the freest nation on earth. I love my country and I don't apologize for her. Our nation's military and her veterans are the other reasons I refuse to give up and let tyranny win. They have defended our freedom and America's interests around the world despite abysmal pay, inadequate benefits and not nearly enough gratitude for the monumental tasks they do everyday-and RARELY do we hear a word of complaint. Will we really let their sacrifices be for naught? We CANNOT let them down. They did not fight, shed blood and DIE for the America that the current administration wants! It's time to stop the bleeding and begin America's recovery. It's time to regain our status in the world as a respected-and yes, FEARED-superpower. I want our enemies to know stark fear when they see our flag and I want those who are oppressed to know hope when they see that same flag. I want our TRUE allies to see a friend when they see the Stars and Stripes. We are still a force for good in the world and it's time to stop the bowing and scraping and ass-kissing that has gone on the last four years. That is NOT what our founding fathers wanted America to be known for! It's time to decide-tyranny or freedom? Nanny state or limited government? Weakness or strength? The disdain of the world or respect? What will you choose? Will your children grow up in an America in perpetual decline or a free, strong America? I know what my choice is. We MUST turn back this tide before we are forced to tell our veterans "I'm sorry...we should have done more," and our children stories about what America USED to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment