Monday, October 29, 2012

I am Pro-Happy Ending.

I usually don't write about movies but this is just a short little blurb about that remake of Red Dawn that's coming out.  I know it'll age me here, but I watched the original Red Dawn with C. Thomas Howell way back in the 80's. Some of my friends watched it over and over. But not me. While I love action movies, I have to admit, the thought that the USSR might actually take over the U.S. so traumatized me that I couldn't watch it again. Especially the ending. I'm a happy-ending type of person. (case in point...upon seeing the end of that Civil War movie "Cold Mountain," I promptly stood up and declared, "Well THAT sucked!" and walked out. If you don't know the ending, google it. It'd piss you off too if you sat through about a 3 hour movie only to watch the hero die after he and the heroine tried the entire movie to get together.)  Yeah, not a fan of the sad-ending movies. Especially if the ending is the U.S. being taken over. So I'm undecided on whether I can watch this remake of Red Dawn. If they redid the ending, I'd consider it. Otherwise, I'm not sure I could do it. (Yes, I know it's just a movie. But I like for the good guys to win and I like some realism in my movies. And frankly, a foreign military taking over my country is inconceivable to me. I'm a pro-2nd amendment conservative & a patriot.)  :)   Side note: there's a reason that movie was set up North. You know that crap would NEVER happen down South. We're all armed and won't put up with that mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment