Sunday, October 21, 2012

Supporting Israel

Today is Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu's birthday. On such a great occasion, I just wanted to tie that in with the subject of this post which is supporting Israel. First, I wanted to throw this in: if you've never read PM Netanyahu's book "Fighting Terrorism," I highly recommend it. It was printed several years before 9/11 and then reprinted after and let me just say, if we REALLY want to know how to combat terrorism, THAT is the book to read and pay attention to. Nobody fights terrorism as well and consistently as Israel. And wouldn't you want an expert to consult on such matters?

So the main question a lot of people ask is why do we support Israel? I'm sure there are a ton of reasons diplomatically, strategically, etc., that we as a nation have...but I truly believe it all goes back to a biblical reason. The Bible states that those nations who go up against Israel will fall. Those that stand with Israel will not. Zero can spout off all he wants about how this is "not a Christian nation," but frankly, he's full of shyte. No American president (not even the much-despised Carter) went up against Israel like Zero has. Even if they didn't believe the Bible word for word, who wants to tempt God? Only a complete IDIOT...well, there you go. I don't even have to finish that sentence, do I...This is just an opinion, but once in a while, I like to think I do make some sense. :)

Israel has always been a good friend to the U.S. Our militaries do some training together, we do some trade with Israel, and they are without a doubt our only REAL ally in that region. When PM Netanyahu won the election the last time around, I cheered. He'd been in before and Israel was strong...then he was voted out and the situation there declined. When he got back into office, strength returned. He is one leader that I think has to make some of the toughest decisions in the world. Israel is a tiny country surrounded by larger enemies. (tell me that God doesn't have something to do with the fact that they've survived since 1948...) Truly, in all the decades since they became a "recognized" nation, they only have a handful of allies and the United States is the strongest. We cannot allow the current U.S. administration to continue-if they do get another 4 years, it's over...our relationship with Israel will be destroyed completely. This is unacceptable. The way this administration has treated our friend Israel and the prime minister in particular is an outrage. Ignoring him when he visits Washington, going out to dinner instead of sharing it with the prime minister...Let me tell you something, Bibi Netanyahu is not just some rank politician. In Israel, military service is required for (I believe) 2 years. This proves my earlier point: why do you think they're so good at defending themselves and not looking like a bunch of pansies? Because they all know how to whoop some a**. Bibi was leading raids into Syria around the time frame that Joe "Gaffe-tastic" Biden claimed in the vice presidential debates to have known him. I think not, Joe...you weren't and still aren't fit to shine that man's boots.

A disturbing trend that I have seen come about just since Zero's inauguration nearly 4 years ago is the rise in anti-Semitic feeling. People can deny it all they want, but when the president treats our ally like an enemy or as insignificant, I think it emboldens anti-Jewish speech and actions. We have to get back to a good relationship with Israel...because while the anti-Semites may still spew their hateful rhetoric, it will become VASTLY unpopular to voice such things and hopefully most of them will start to keep it to themselves. We cannot lose this ally. Israel's too good a friend to us to let that happen. We must support PM Netanyahu and Israel! Hang on, Mr. Prime Minister...the national nightmare is almost over...November 6th we're going to get someone in there you can work with and who'll treat you with respect!

No comments:

Post a Comment