I think this post is just gonna be a list. This one is regarding things I gave up caring about or that no longer bother me.
1)Just gonna be honest. I gave up on major league baseball after the strike in 1995. They pissed me off. Apparently, you CAN hold a grudge for quite some time and nothing bad happens to you. I'm living proof. I still watched Cal Ripken, Jr. but that was it. Only because I had a major crush on him from the time I was about 12 til adulthood. (it was the blue eyes and the smile.)
2)I gave up trying to persuade people politically. This may have worked a few years back but let's face it: people's attitudes towards change are worse than ever. I figure either you're born with some common sense and therefore don't need persuading, or at some point in your life you learn the hard way that the rest of us WITH common sense were right and you change sides.
3)I gave up trying to be nice all the time. For about 30 seconds. It didn't go well. I'm not cut out to be a bitch.
4)I did however give up pretending to like people that get on my nerves. If I like you, you'll know it. I'll talk to you. If I don't like you, it may take you a while to figure it out because you may think I'm just being quiet. Nope, I just have nothing to say to you because you get on my nerves. (there's not as many of those people as you'd think, but they ARE out there.)
5)I gave up on ever understanding spreadsheets and formulas at work. (the math...it burns...) Luckily, we recently came to the point where we don't have to do them anymore, so I think this means I win by default. :)
6)Babies crying no longer bother me. I have one of my own and I know there's always a reason why they're doing it. Your mission-should you choose to accept it-is to find out what that reason is and try to turn things around. I like missions-I am pretty competitive.
7)Speaking of competition: losing at something no longer bothers me. Ok, that's a lie. I ever-loving HATE losing. Not enough to be a bad sport (EVER-that's just totally wrong) but while I'm shaking your hand or congratulating you on your win, I'm already thinking of a strategy to annihilate you next time in whatever we just did. I'll be just as gracious when I win, too. Mama raised me right. :)
Ok, so that's my SHORT list...as I think of others, I may add to this. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment