Saturday, August 4, 2012

It's Almost Time! :)

The 2012 football season is upon us. In just a few short weeks, SEC football starts and with it, a reason to focus on something beyond daily drama at work or home. For 13 weeks (and if our team is good, beyond that) we can look forward to each weekend with hope and excitement. (unless you're Auburn...bless their hearts. 6-6 prediction this year.) 
On September 1st, the Crimson Tide kicks off against Michigan at "The Jerry" (Dallas Cowboys Stadium) in Arlington. Ticket prices are outrageous (Jer's still trying to pay that monstrosity off) so looks like I'll be watching it from the hacienda here with the littlest Bama fan. I really am looking forward to this season-I'm anxious to see what adjustments Coach Saban's made with Trent Richardson, Dont'a Hightower and several other extremely talented players now gone. One thing I know-Coach Saban is a master recruiter. There is nothing if there is not depth with the team. If one goes down at running back, another up and coming star is ready to take his place. Trent Richardson has gone on to the NFL but Eddie Lacy is ready to go. William Vlachos graduated and left the center position open for the award-winning Barrett Jones to move into. Several other examples come to mind, as well.  No, I'm not worried about depth or talent with this team. Obviously, keeping healthy is the main concern, as it is with any team.
 I follow quite a few of these outstanding young men from the Tide on Twitter and I have to say, they are a positive bunch. They have been ready for the season to start since the A-Day game in April. They are humble but know what the goal is. In all my (here I go, aging myself for you) 43 years as a Bama fan-yes, since the womb in all truthfulness-I can't think of a more upbeat, hardworking, (again) positive, eyes-on-the-prize bunch of guys. Though they're talking about their "job," football, they inspire ME with their great attitudes. My job is not nearly as difficult as theirs (people aren't generally hollering at me to do something) and I don't have to do it in the blazing August heat-so it makes me feel bad to complain!  :)
Less than a month now, and I can put aside some things that have been troubling me and think about something good...the stressful things will still be there but just like in the Depression era when Bama traveled to California and won the Rose Bowl, winning at SOMETHING can make you feel better about everyday troubles that may come. People think it's trivial-but it got a generation of people in Alabama through because it was something positive in a time when there was not much hope or positivity. I truly look forward to getting down to the Capstone at least a couple of times this year and just soaking up the Crimson love. It is something I can always count on and it always makes me happy to be there. I await this season with excitement and the hope that 2012 will be a great year for Bama. The Process continues. The Road to 15 continues. ROLL TIDE!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment