Sunday, July 15, 2012

Common courtesy-get some.

Oh here we go...I thought it'd be a while before I had something to get up on my soapbox about but here it is. Common courtesy. If someone takes the time to ask after you and see how you're doing, it's not always because they want something from you. They might actually give a flying rat's butt about how you're doing. Wow, what a novel concept-people who care about others! For the love of Pete, I don't need to know your height & weight at your last doctor's checkup or what your blood pressure was. A simple, "I'm feeling great today,thanks for asking," or "Not 100% but thanks for asking," would suffice. I'm just a friendly person. Hell's bells, you don't even have to ask about me in return-but seriously, I don't know how you have friends in your life if everything's a state secret or you don't feel like you can trust anyone! It's discouraging to someone who is just trying to be friendly & caring. While some people may have been raised by freakin' wolves with no manners, SOME of us were taught to show kindness & caring to others. Just frustrating. But I refuse to change that part of me just because of others who won't let others close. OK, climbing down from the soapbox now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment