Saturday, July 14, 2012

Author's note

Hey y'all. This is a just a short little author's note about my blog. First of all, sometimes y'all may wonder if I have a decent education since I will tend to use run-on sentences, put punctuation in odd places and word things a certain way. I am college educated with straight A's in English all through school...but I choose to write the way I do because #1) it's a hassle to go back and correct something I'm not getting a grade on, and #2)my college history professor, Dr. Jackson, (who is himself an author of several books) told us to write like we talk because your audience is not expecting a lot of fancy wording when they already know you don't talk like that. When I emphasize things, I will do it in all caps. (usually that's where I'm raising my voice when talking about the subject.) :)  I have been known to use a curse word or two but it's usually regarding something that makes me so angry, the nice diplomatic words disappear.
Second, I write about a lot of different things on here since my interests are varied. Some days I'll talk about football, others about current events & politics..I may even throw in some personal stories. So if you're not sure whether you like what I'm writing about...wait a couple of days & check back. If I've gotten a chance to write at all, maybe there'll be something you might like or identify with. Also...I am a very proud mom of a 2 year old son, so at times I may talk about him but I'll try not to be one of those parents who share every miniscule part of their child's development. Don't get me wrong, you'll probably hear (more than once) about the first time he said, "Roll Tide!" Because as a Bama fan, that is one of the proudest moments of my life. I am raising him right despite the bothersome UT Vols influence in this household. :)  (Be gone, Dayglo Orange!)  
With all that said, thanks for bearing with me even when there are long periods without a blog entry. I am trying to do better about posting stuff. I just want to make it readable and interesting to someone. (to me, it's like cheap therapy. I can holler about whatever and not get in trouble for smacking someone. HAHA!)  Oh and please comment if you want. Unless y'all mention to me you are reading it or unless you comment, I'll think I am talking to myself.  :)  Just please remember...you can disagree with me without being ugly about it. We all have our own minds & opinions, and last I checked, it's still America. Whether it will continue to be after November 6th remains to be seen but that's another blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment