I'm not by nature a violent person. However, mess with my family or someone I care about, or in this case a group of people that I care about, and you'll be witness to a side of me that you do NOT want to see. In this case, I am referring to our veterans who have given the ultimate sacrifice and can no longer defend themselves or their families who are left behind. Today, someone..some vile, evil and apparently self-loathing person...made some of the most hateful comments to a friend of mine (who is a Gold Star dad) about his beloved son who died in combat. That anyone could attack such a nice man in such an unspeakable way and try to belittle his son in that way...how can they look themselves in a mirror every day??? Before I had my son, I didn't know. I didn't know what it was like to have your heart walking around outside your body- and that is EXACTLY how it is. You can't protect them every second. You would kill with your bare hands anyone who hurt them. You love them more than you love anything else in this world. The person who said such hate-filled things to my friend about his son-he can't possibly be a father. Because beyond the fact that my friend's son was a Marine and war hero...he was his little boy. No matter how how big he was, how old he was...my friend will always see him as that little baby, that toddler, the 8 year old he took to a ball game... There is no hell hot enough for someone who mocks the death of someone's child to their father's face, especially one who was a hero. To his credit, my friend was calm in the face of all this. He's a better person than me, and I salute him.
I just want to say one more thing. That piece of SHYTE who spewed such filth to the dad...he better hope he never crosses my path. I was raised to be a lady-but I will straight up monkey stomp his ass from now to next year and that is a promise. That Marine hero is not here to defend his good name and family. He defended each and every one of us til his death...though I can never repay that debt, the least I can do-really, the least ANY of us can do- is carry on and defend him and his family from crap like that. Semper Fidelis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment