Sunday, July 8, 2012
Friendly Advice-Sometimes You Need to Take It
Today I was explaining a personal situation to a friend of mine, hoping for some advice. Women tend to try to work things out and rationalize and figure out the best way to approach a problem. Men, on the other hand, often come to a conclusion quicker because emotion is not involved with them. Straight ahead, no matter what. "Move on. Live and learn." This was his advice. I didn't really want to hear it because I HATE to give up. But he is right.You can't force things to be the way you want. (dammit.) Sometimes you put yourself out there and you try your best and you still lose. There's that stupid character development again. :) All you can do is learn from your mistake and not repeat it the next time, should you be given another chance. So, with that...I pick up my ball and go home, sadder but wiser...and already thinking of a winning strategy for next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is very sound advice."Never Give Up" does not mean bag your head on a wall thinking the door will open.
ReplyDeleteBack away and rethink, sometimes you have to give a little to get a lot later.