
Let's see...conservative? Check. Pro-life? Check. Christian? Check. Pro-2nd Amendment? Check. NRA member? Check-I'm really under surveillance now... Military supporter? Oh, BIG check. Lover of small government? Check. Wow, I'm REALLY in trouble! Yes, per Janet Napolitano and the Department of Homeland Security, people like me are now considered "right wing extremists" and could be a threat to national security! Don't believe me? Read the official DHS memo here: http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/041609_extremism.pdf
The part of that memo that really gets me is that it starts out by saying, basically, that although nothing has happened yet and that there have been no incidents or even any inkling of any incidents, by gosh there MIGHT be!!! And those darn Christians and conservatives and 2nd Amendment rights supporters might DO something! Horrors! They might PRAY for somebody! They might disagree with Nancy Pelosi! Oh yeah, I'm on the watchlist now for sure. Well if I am, I just want to say that Janet Napolitano should RESIGN or be fired. After that non-apology yesterday, that kind that says, "I'm sorry....that YOU were offended, you peons," the kind that you just want to tell the person who offered it to SHOVE IT, she should be beyond fired. She didn't write it, but she got on national television and READ IT like it was the gospel truth without having FACTS to back it up. The person who wrote it should be run out of town on a rail. These irresponsible people are impugning the honor of our veterans, of Christians, conservatives, and Constitutionalists all over the U.S. Oh wait...we can't offend the Hindus, the Buddhists, the Satanists, the Muslims...but Christians are fair game. Just like in the first century in Rome...and we all know how that eventually turned out for Rome.
You know, I've taken so many classes over the last few years and have been trying to prepare to become an employee of an agency under DHS. Therefore I am incensed that within a few months, an organization that was intended to protect Americans has turned into an organization that is wildly issuing accusations against several large segments of Americans that basically demonizes them. I am NOT an extremist-unless by extremist you mean that I love my country, I love the founding fathers and all they stood for, I love the Constitution and believe it should be abided by, I LOVE our military-they are what stands between us and destruction. I am for "Guns, Babies and Jesus." I'm not against all government, I'm against BIG government. The "nanny state." I'm against people who don't earn my paycheck being able to dictate where the taxes on that paycheck go to, especially if they're going to stupid stuff like studies on why pigs stink! (yes, that was a real earmark on the latest Porkulus Bill.) I think I want to choose my own label-"extremist" just doesn't "do" it for me. I prefer "revolutionary," like Jefferson and Adams and Madison. They warned us about big government, and Ben Franklin said, "A republic...if you can keep it." I want to keep it, and I am willing to do something about it!

No comments:
Post a Comment