Monday, December 17, 2012

What Means the Most

With Christmas approaching quickly (and by quickly I mean lightning speed!) I wanted to write a little about what I think is most meaningful during the holidays. People seem so concerned with what to get friends and family member-material things. And yeah, that new iPad or smart phone would be really great to have and play with. I like gadgets too. But what I look forward to the most is time-time spent with someone I care about, a friend or loved one. I was reminded recently how precious and fleeting time can be when you don't have enough of it. When you wish for "just a little longer." We should never be so busy that we can't spare a few minutes to spend with those we care for. Long after the expensive toys, clothes and gadgets are put away, the time spent with someone you enjoy being with is what they and you will remember. Material things don't last-memories do. The best things in life truly cost nothing except that most precious gift of our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment