Saturday, August 25, 2012

Loyalty to Friends

Something is really troubling me today and I just had to write about it. Kind of get it out before I holler and scare my son. :)  (I wouldn't do that, but frustration does tend to build up if you don't have an outlet.Not good.)  So here it is: I am sick and tired of people who are selfish, quick to jump to conclusions and frankly give up on someone as a friend or lover when they are having trouble. Grief, sorrow, health issues...if you haven't experienced what they are experiencing, how do you just write them off??? This is a hard time in their lives. They need all the friends they can get at a time like that!  Look, I'm not an idiot. I understand if the person is not sharing their grief or telling you about their health issues in detail, it is harder to hang in there. But since when is it ok to give up on someone you supposedly care for? I can think of two friends right off hand (and I am sure there are more) who are going through things right now. Because they are the not the type to spew every detail of their lives all over Twitter or Facebook, people may think they are hiding something or shutting their friends and loved ones out. Also, men tend to internalize certain things more than women, trying to solve the problem on their own. It is just the way they are-while it may not help, that doesn't mean it's license to kick them to the curb in a time of need. All we-as friends or loved ones-can do if the person doesn't open up is to let them know we are there to listen and hopefully help-and then actually BE THERE. Sometimes it takes TIME. We all think we're so damn busy-are you really too busy for friends? Are you so impatient that you can't let them work it out because you're so in a hurry? Lately, I have been so disgusted at what I have been witness to in regards to how others have treated the friends I referenced. I don't want to hear excuses. Either you care for that person NO MATTER WHAT or shut the hell up and quit lying to everyone. It's called LOYALTY. I said it and I mean it-remember, I'm a proponent of "say what you mean and mean what you say."  It takes patience and loving-kindness to deal with people-if you don't have those, you are better off alone and not stringing along some poor person who thinks they are your friend or loved one.

*Ok, let the unfollowing begin...but I decided long ago that I am too old to put up with B.S. anymore. You have to know who your friends are, who truly cares for you, or life is just one big morass. (you were waiting for my "dictionary" word, I know...morass.) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment