I've had a real hard time lately coming to terms with the fact that not everyone is sincere and/or trustworthy as I'd like them to be. One of my personal mottoes is "Say what you mean and mean what you say." I tend to take people at their word until given a reason not to. Maybe that's a recipe for disaster. Who knows. But after all these years, it's a hard thing to change. You'd think I'd be pretty cynical by now-and maybe about some things I am. But "Suzy Sunshine" as I sometimes refer to myself, can't help but be positive and trusting. (I'm sure that annoys some people. I just find it easier to be positive.) Unfortunately, two things tend to happen when you have this type of outlook. 1)people think you can't be for real and you want something from them and 2)those people will take advantage of your good nature. That doesn't mean my mama raised any fools, just that her most soft-hearted child will often get her feelings hurt. Character development. Sometimes it sucks. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment