Nope, not in Gitmo...just on a very extended maternity leave. :) My son Iain was born in July 2010 and the problem I faced (as you might guess) is when would I have time to write?! Answer: never. :) I have gotten the urge to write again lately, so I am trying to make time to do it more. It's hard with a very active little boy and it's harder when most of what free time I have, I want to spend with him, enjoying him before he starts claiming to be embarrassed of my hugs and kisses.
With that said, I am back! Going back over some of the stuff I wrote about 3 years ago, I am dismayed but not surprised. I never have been on the Big Zero bandwagon by any stretch of the imagination, but never did I dream it would take so little time to do the awful things he has done to this country. I don't even know where to start, it's that bad. Do I start with national security, what he's doing/has done to our military and intelligence agencies? Do I talk about how he's turned our friends against us? That Israel doubts us? (that hurts me a lot. We're their only friend in the west-truly the ONLY one. And they feel alone now.) Our enemies laugh at us worse than they did when Carter was president and I'm not too young to remember THAT. How embarrassed I was that they would defy us, take our people hostage, mock us, bomb our buildings-now, a little over 30 years later, it's happening again. This is UNACCEPTABLE. I want our enemies to FEAR us, other countries to want to BE us, our friends to be able to COUNT ON US. For the last 3 years, I have wished I could take out full page ads in newspapers all over the world that would say something like "Please don't be so offended by this buffoon in the White House and think ALL Americans are this ignorant. Just hang with us for a few years til we can vote his sorry ass out!"
And let's not forget the sorry economy which only got 10 times worse under this shyte for brains. Jobs gone overseas NEVER to come back...and really, if you were those business owners, why the hell would you bring your business back to the country that has some of the highest corporate tax rates in the world? How would you ever make a profit? They try so hard to spin it that unemployment is slowly going down-but the truth is, so many people have given up looking. If they actually published the adjustments for that, "real" unemployment would be about 12% or more. Crazy times-if you have a job, you better hang on to it.
Just touching on a very few things there that will definitely provide ideas for future blog posts. Lord knows I won't run out of material anytime soon! (now if you can just drag me away from Twitter long enough to post some blogs...) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment