Sunday, March 29, 2009

Earth Hour and the Man-Made Global Warming Hoax

So last night from 8:30-9:30 p.m., we were all supposed to show our support for combating global warming/climate change/whatever the enviro-nuts' word for it today is, and turn off ALL our lights, not run the dishwasher, washer or dryer, computers, tv's, etc. For a whole hour we were supposed to sit in the dark, and what? I don't know-contemplate our inevitable destruction if we don't use those little swirly lightbulbs in every room? To that I have to reply: what a crock of SHYTE.
My arguments against man-made global warming are thus:
1)Many notable scientists and meteorologists don't go along with the global warming crap. Why? Because it's not very scientific. Is there climate change? Yes. Is it because of us? No. It's because the earth's climate goes according to cycles. Why do you think we had an ice age? Then a warming period. At some point, it's going to cool down again. These cycles don't happen overnight. Not even over a lifetime. It can happen over thousands of years and we have only kept records of the weather for the last 100 or so years! So how do you form a theory for "global warming" of an earth that is thousands of years/millions of years old if you have only kept true records for 100 years? You can't!
2)If you believe in the Almighty, and you believe He is all-powerful (omipotent), then how can you believe that anything man could do would destroy the entire earth? Only God has that power. It is sheer arrogance to believe man has the type of power that could destroy an entire planet. Can we make it worse? Of course. But completely destroy? No.
Therefore, in protest of Earth Hour last night, my lights stayed on. All of them. I didn't stop what I was doing to be part of some type of "feel-good-ism." Anyone who knows me knows that is definitely not how I roll. I really hope somewhere, Al Gore was crying because of my actions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment