Monday, November 19, 2012

You know what they say about people living in glass houses...

With more info coming out almost daily about the General Petraeus situation, I really want to write about it in more detail when I know as many facts as possible (like whether this Jill Kelley chick is actually a spy and whether they really are planning to arrest Paula Broadwell). From what I do know, this is my opinion so far: General Petraeus, while by all accounts is a great general and an well-liked man, is after all, only human. He's not a god, he's not infallible. To use my mama's phrase, "He puts his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us." He did something that, while most people find it reprehensible, it is not against the law. One thing I have often said is that we don't live with General Petraeus. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Therefore, it is not for us to judge. He is the one that has to look in the mirror every day and determine whether he can live with his decisions or not. As someone who is is also not perfect, I do not assume I know every detail of his life and set out to completely trash an otherwise decent human being. I find it interesting (and infuriating) that those who gave a pass and a mental high-five to Bill Clinton who did WORSE in the People's House-OUR WHITE HOUSE-and then lied like a RUG about it, those people have been the first ones to throw David Petraeus under the bus. Sorry, losers. I'm not about to jump on your hypocritical bandwagon. If you're going to measure a man by his mistakes, then you use the same yardstick for everybody. One thing that troubles me, yet is not surprising: the FBI knew about his affair for MONTHS, so I will NEVER believe they didn't notify the administration on this til after the election. Gonna have to call bullshit on that one. This admin leaks like a sieve.Do you really think this'd be different? Crackers, please. (insert eye roll here.) This is Chicago thug politics at its most dirty. "Nice little career at the CIA you've got there, Dave...Be a shame if you testified about Benghazi and the little wife and the American people find out about Paula somehow..." Oh yes, I believe we all know how this works with these people. The worst thing that SHOULD have happened to David Petraeus is divorce court and a bunch of people never speaking to him again, not his name and reputation being dragged through the mud. Can you imagine if any of us who've been through a divorce had to have that whole drama played out in the public eye? Yeah, doesn't sound so great now, does it... It still remains to be seen if there was any wrongdoing by Petraeus as far as national security but the latest is that no, he is not guilty of passing any information or being careless with anything regarding national security. At such time as things change (but frankly, I don't believe they will) I will update the blog with any facts that are presented. In the end, I think that (sadly) this will just be a case of yet another victim of the Obama machine ending up with bus tire tracks on their back. If that's what happens, then I am disappointed to be proven right because I prayed Petraeus would tell the admin to shove it when they offered him the CIA director's job...they are all so crooked and I was afraid he'd be a scapegoat at some point for some operation that went wrong. I usually love being right but this is one time I would have been happy to be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment