Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Fast & Furious scandal

I wasn't sure how to start this particular entry or where it would go once I started. The Fast & Furious gunwalking scandal is something that makes me so ill, so angry that I have a hard time putting all the thoughts down in one place...but I'll try. Today's decision to hold Eric Holder in contempt of Congress was a welcome change to business as usual in D.C. For the last 3+ years, I have felt like almost every senator and congressman has just about wet themselves with delight to gain Barack Obama's good will. The "new" seems to have worn off at last. What a shame it took the death of one of our border patrol agents to make it happen. Make no mistake. Eric Holder, our race-baiting, miserable failure of an attorney general, knew everything from top to bottom in the gunwalking scheme. The only question now is, with Obama's evoking of "executive privilege," how far up the chain does the responsibility go? With this administration, I'm going to go out on a limb and say all the freakin' way. For over a year, Holder and the Justice Dept. stonewalled Congressman Darrell Issa, who worked hard to bring the story to everyone's attention and to get to the bottom of what exactly went on. I can't say enough about Issa's determination. While I'm not a huge fan of most politicians, I make an exception for him. He's like a bulldog with a bone-he hasn't let go of this and has brought one thing to light that has touched people the most: a human face.
 Marine veteran and border patrol agent Brian Terry was killed with at least one of the guns that was tied to the gunwalking fiasco. Agent Terry, by all accounts, was not only a great border patrol agent...he was an extraordinary man as well. I'd like to encourage everyone to check out the website his family set up in his honor: RememberBrianTerry.com  Just reading through his accomplishments in his short life will make any of us feel like we've not done enough in our own lives. He strove to do better, to be better. That day when he went to work, he didn't know that because of the actions of Eric Holder and the Justice Department, he wouldn't live much longer. He didn't deserve to die. He didn't need to die. And now, Eric Holder and any others responsible MUST pay the price. They MUST be held accountable. Hundreds of Mexican citizens were killed with those guns in that abominable scheme that Holder came up with. The people responsible for this MUST be prosecuted. I am hoping with this contempt of congress vote that steps are being made in the right direction. This administration MUST go, or we will see more and more operations like this. If they think they can get away with it again, they will try it. They have to be stopped. Prosecute Eric Holder and those responsible-they should be in prison stripes, under the jail. Justice for Agent Brian Terry and the victims of Fast and Furious-that is what the American people want. That is what they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment